Join Dive HQ Christchurch for an amazing New Zealand dive trip to the world famous Poor Knight Island’s and Bay of Islands. Being one of Jacques Cousteau’s Top 10 dive sites in the world, it will cater for all your diving needs. This trip has been put together with a combination of shore based and Liveaboard diving with up to 15 boat dives
We will be diving with the team from Northland Dive where we will be diving from their base, visiting sites like the Rainbow Warrior, Canterbury wreck and the awesome reefs of the Bay of Islands. We then board the Sun Spy and complete a 3 day liveaboard around the Poor Knight Islands.
Trip Cost - $1999 pp ex Auckland. Spaces are very limited.
A non-refundable deposit of $500 will secure your spot. Trip Balance is due by 31st of August 2021.
- Transport from Auckland Airport to Northland Dive and back to Auckland Airport.
- 4 Nights dorm accommodation at the Northland lodge with dinner, breakfast, and lunch included.
- 2 days shore based diving which includes the Canterbury Wreck, and some local reefs https://northlanddive.com/diving/sites.html
- 3 days and 2 nights on board the Sun Spy, including all meals while on board.
- All diving - you bring your own gear except tanks and weights - Hire gear available from Dive HQ Christchurch if you don’t have you own.
- All Air fills.
A guaranteed great time!!!!!
- Flights are excluded as you need to book your own. Make sure you arrive on time to meet up for the journey to Northland dive at 11.30 am on the 28th
- Lunch on 28th September and 4th October
- Beverages (BYO for both Shore based & Liveaboard).We will stop on the way from the airport to get what you need.
- Nitrox is available at $20 per fill
Please Note: Divers will need to be advanced certified for this trip.
- Tuesday 28th September 2021 – 11.30 am Meet at Auckland Airport where we will pick up our rental van and begin our journey to Northland Dive.
- Wednesday 29th September - Breakfast, Dive, Lunch, Dive, Dinner (2 Dives- Canterbury Wreck & Reef)
- Thursday 30th September - Breakfast, Dive, Lunch, Dive, Dinner (2 Dives- Canterbury Wreck & Reef)
- Friday 1st October - After breakfast we board the Sun Spy followed by an 80 min boat ride to the Poor Knight’s. Up to 4 dives including night dive . Overnight at the Poor Knight’s
- Saturday 2nd October - Up to 4 dives including night dive. Overnight at Poor Knight
- Sunday 3rd October - Up to 3 dives and then we will have the 80 min return trip to Northland Lodge for Dinner and accommodation.
- Monday 4th October – After Breakfast we head back to Auckland Airport where we say our goodbyes and head back to Christchurch (Please book flights back for after 2pm)
What to Bring:
- Certification Card or Logbook
- Sleeping Bag only if you are sleeping in the Bunk Room.
- Towels x 2
- Provisions-Snacks & post dive drinks
- Sun Hat for the summer and Warm hat for the Winter
- Clothing pegs (for hanging stuff up on the boat like towels and togs)
- Wind Proof Jacket
- Own Dive Gear excluding tanks and weights.
Bringing your own Gear?
As part of our Adventure Activity requirements, we are required to assess your equipment before departure. Please bring your regulator and BCD in for a free check. If further work is required, we will let you know, but we need to see it for everyone’s piece of mind. Please have a chat to one of our staff to discuss any of your equipment requirements or look at our hire equipment if you require it.
Accommodation: Northland Dive Lodge
The dive package includes bunk room accommodation with bottom sheet and pillows included (Bring your own sleeping Bag only if you are sleeping in the Bunk Room)
Super King x 3 Rooms available - $70.00 per night upgrade (Full bedding provided) Can also be split into a twin share for the same upgrade price Rooms are clean, simple and comfortable. Double and Twin rooms get booked quickly so make reservations well in advance!
Accommodation: Spy Sun (Liveaboard)
Please note: On board Sun Spy there are limited separate cabins and sleeping arrangements are mixed and in close quarters- ear plugs are supplied. All bedding and meals are provided onboard Sun Spy.
- Breakfast :Cereal, fruit, toast
- Lunch: Sandwiches with your choice of filling and chips.
- Dinner: Home cooked meals Roasts, Steak, Spag-Bol, Fish,Chicken with seasonal vegetables and salads.
(Please let us know in advance if you have any specific dietary requirements.)
Contact us at email@example.com to book your spot